After Challenge #8, hopefully your sweet tooth has been satisfied and you're a happy little reveller. We've discovered yet another baking benefit, it's less shameful to eat a bunch of cookies you made than say a row or box of Oreos. But who's counting anyway, WINTER'S COMING! Well, for some of us it's here already. Right, so Challenge #7 plays into your cookie coma a little and our holiday spirit-inducing suggestion is to play games.
Challenge #7 – Play Games
We're not suggesting head games of the crazy ex variety, but rather good old fashioned board games with your family and friends. Gather some of your favourite people and have a game night. If you have enough people, you could have multiple games going simultaneously. Maybe have each person bring their favourite and have a marathon.
We feel that classic board games allow for more of a connection between the players, but digital games can offer just as much fun. A few years ago, our awesome friend Jeff gave us a Wii with a board and we took it to a family gathering. Let me tell you, the amount of bonding (and laughter) that occurred while watching the uncles try to spin an imaginary hula hoop on their hips was epic. Here's a list of games that we love to play here at the studio.
Fun Games List
- Scrabble - Establish house rules before starting the game
- Cards Against Humanity – Fun fact, they mailed actual poop to people
- Taboo - People always end up yelling
- Catch Phrase - great for a quick team builder at the office
- Cranium - Because who doesn't love playing with Play-Doh?
- Things - This game ends up dirty. Every. Time.
- Wii Fit
- Kwizniac - Great for road trips
- Card games (Crazy Eights, 21, Uno) - Click for an alphabetical list
What game will you play? Share it in the comments under Challenge 7.